WELCOME - I am honored to serve as your district five city councilman!
Welcome - I am honored to serve as your District Five City Councilman and represent you as we shape and grow Galveston for the next two years. Galveston Island is buzzing with visitors, new construction, new businesses and incredible opportunities, and I am thrilled to help lead the way.
Your feedback is important to me and I encourage you to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the City Secretary's office at 409-797-3510.
I look forward to serving you and to improving the island for residents, business owners, and visitors alike. Thank you for your support and communication!
- John Paul Listowski
about JOHN PAUL LISTOWSKI
John Paul was born and raised on Galveston Island. After graduation from O’Connell High School, he earned a degree in Construction Science from Texas A&M University and then returned to Galveston after graduation to live by the water and give back to his island home. He quickly gained experience by working with land developers and builders specializing in both residential and commercial development. His enterprising spirit soon led to active involvement in the community and service on several civic boards and commissions.
Listowski has an extensive history of service and volunteerism on the island, as detailed below.
With the knowledge learned from both his work experience and community involvement he started HomeLife Builders with the help of Sam Jolin. He oversees business development and works with clients through the development, planning and bidding stages of their custom home.
BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
- Vice Chairman of the City of Galveston’s Landmark Commission (2003 – 2007)
- Chairman of the City of Galveston’s Planning Commission ( 2003 – 2007)
- City of Galveston’s Property Finance Authority (2007 – 2017)
- Building Board of Adjustments (past board member)
- Zoning Board of Adjustments (2013 – 2014)
- Industrial Development Corporation (2014 – 2016)
- Redevelopment Authority (2016 – Present)
- Member - Galveston Economic Development Partnership
- Committee Chair and Past Board Member - Galveston Regional Chamber of Commerce